Master X-Seed 100
Set and hardening accelerating reducing admixture for concrete
How does Master X-Seed 100 work?
Master X-Seed 100 is an engineered suspension of crystal seeds containing nanoparticles, designed to boost the hydration process of early age cement (6-12 hrs). Based on unique and innovative seeding technology, the growth of the essential Calcium Silicate Hydrate crystals is strongly accelerated.
Master X-Seed 100 promotes concrete hardening at low, ambient and even heat curing temperatures. Unlike traditional acceleration methods and thanks to the unique mode of action - the virtually barrier-free crystal growth of the seeds in between the cement grains - early strength development is accelerated while the final microstructure benefits from equivalent or improved properties.
Master X-Seed 100 is the essential component of BASF's Crystal Speed Hardening concept.
Crystal Speed Hardening expresses the Value Proposition offered by the unique crystal seeding technology of Master X-Seed:
- Efficient Processes
- Energy Reduction
- Material Optimization
- High Quality Specifications
The concept addresses key industry requirements and has the power to exceed all current solutions. In particular, the concept is designed to make a significant contribution to meeting sustainable construction targets.
What is Master X-Seed 100 used for?
Master X-Seed 100 is optimized for all kinds of concretes, especially for structural precast elements where high early strength development is a key success factor for the producer. Master X-Seed 100 is a relevant alternative to heat curing methods and the strong promotion of hydration in particular supports the use of binders with lower clinker content.
What are the benefits of Master X-Seed 100?
Master X-Seed 100 offers the following benefits:
- Early strength acceleration at low, ambient and heat curing temperatures.
- Flexible adjustment of production capacities.
- Increased production cycles (double, triple rotation).
- Better use of formwork by earlier demoulding.
- Reduction/elimination of heat curing.
- Reduced investment and running cost of curing.
- Allows use of minimum required cement quantities.
- Allows binder optimization by using lower grade, less clinker-containing cements or by increasing use of supplementary cementitious materials (Limestone, Fly Ash, Slag).
- Lower risk of delayed ettringite formation.
- Reduced water absorption.
- Improved concrete durability aspects.
- Improved plant and product ECO-efficiency by reducing CO2 emissions.
Master X-Seed 100 Declaration of Performance T6
Master X-Seed 100 Declaration of Performance T7
Master X-Seed 100: Safety Data Sheet
Master X-Seed 100: Technical Data Sheet