Air entraining admixture for concrete
How does MasterAir 130 work?
MasterAir 130 is a liquid air-entraining admixture which produces ultra-stable air bubbles with good bubble size and spacing factor. It is particularly suitable for use in both mortar and concrete applications.
What is MasterAir 130 used for?
MasterAir 130 can be used with most types of EN 197 Cements. For use with Pulverised Fuel Ash, or any other special cements, contact our Technical Services Department.
MasterAir 130 is compatible with mortar and concrete containing other BASF admixtures or admixture systems – water reducers, high-range water reducers, accelerators, retarders and water repellents.
What are the benefits of MasterAir 130?
MasterAir 130 is especially useful in the types of concrete known for their difficulty to entrain and maintain the desired air content. Entrainment of the optimum air content in mortar and concrete results in the following improvements to quality:
- Increases open time of mortar
- Improves cohesiveness and bond strength
- Increased freeze/thaw damage resistance
- Improves finish after pointing
- Reduced permeability
- Reduced segregation and bleeding
- Improved plasticity and workability
- Increased resistance to scaling