High range water reducing superplasticizing admixture for concrete combining both enhance consistence retention and rheology performance
How does MasterEase 3820 work?
MasterEase 3820 is an innovative superplasticizer based on a unique blend of state of the art polymers. It is the next step of the Total Performance Control concept. MasterEase 3820 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently.
With MasterEase 3820 it is now possible to obtain a high quality concrete mix with accelerated strength development, extended workability without delayed setting characteristics and superior concrete rheology. The unique polymer formulation enables true workability retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S3 to SF3). This is achieved without set retardation or reduced 24 hour strength performance.
The Total Performance Control™ concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers get a concrete that is of the same high quality as originally specified; starting from production at the batching plant, to the delivery and application into place, and followed by its hardening process. Utilizing Rheodynamic concrete technology it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics and accelerated cement hydration for early strength development and high-quality concrete.
What is MasterEase 3820 used for?
MasterEase 3820 is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability e.g. long distance deliveries or deliveries with extended discharge times. MasterEase 3820 is designed to exhibit workability retention for periods up to 3 hours. The enhanced rheology of the resultant concrete allows low water cement ratios to be achieved without the traditionally accepted increased levels of stickiness. This is particularly beneficial in areas of heavily congested reinforcement.
What are the benefits of MasterEase 3820?
MasterEase 3820 offers the following benefits for:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability or an increase in concrete stickiness.
- Single product for many application needs.
- Enhanced retention performance with cements containing either GGBS or PFA.
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification.
- Confidence in the concrete's ability to be paced in areas of congested reinforcement.
- High quality concrete with better durability.