High range water reducing admixture for precast concrete, with superior rheology and consistence retention performance
How does MasterEase 5100 work?
MasterEase 5100 is the latest product developed as a result of our ongoing innovation drive. Based on a new, and patented polymerisation process, MasterEase 5100 is specifically developed for use in the precast industry. MasterEase 5100 has been developed to provide an enhanced period of consistence retention without compromising the early strength development of the concrete. MasterEase 5100 also provides improved concrete rheology and 28-day concrete strengths.
The polymer structure of MasterEase 5100 is specially designed to improve the rheology of precast concrete, making it very flowable and with low viscosity even at very low water/cement ratios. Robustness, surface finish and retention performance are a distinctive feature of the precast concrete produced with MasterEase 5100. Thanks to its tailored mode of action in concrete, MasterEase 5100 imparts a level of viscosity within a mix enabling the right balance between fluidity, passing ability and resistance to segregation - apparently opposing properties - to be achieved.
What is MasterEase 5100 used for?
MasterEase 5100 is suitable for making precast concrete elements with highly-fluid concrete without segregation but low water/cement ratios and, consequently, high early and final strengths. MasterEase 5100 is optimised for use with the Master X-Seed 100 Crystal Speed Hardening concept.
What are the benefits of MasterEase 5100?
MasterEase 5100 offers the following benefits for the concrete industry:
- Production of highly flowable, robust self-compacting concrete having a low water cement ratio along with an optimal rheology.
- Enhanced robustness and consistency retention, combined with low stickiness.
- Environmentally friendly, CO2 reduced mix-design optimization.
- Potential elimination or reduction of heat curing.
- Improved surface appearance.
- Durable precast concrete elements as per EN 206-1.
- Elimination or reduction of the energy required for placing, compaction and curing.
- Optimization of the curing cycle by reducing curing time or curing temperature. Increased productivity, particularly when used in combination with Master X-Seed 100.
- SCC (Self-compacting concrete) with a low fines content (material passing the 0.125 mm sieve).