MasterEmaco T 545
Rapid setting, high early strength repair mortar based on magnesia-phosphate cement for temperatures from -20°C to >30°C
What is MasterEmaco T 545?
MasterEmaco T 545 is a specially formulated repair mortar, based on magnesia-phosphate cement pre-mixed with selected aggregates, which gives controlled, extremely high early strengths in temperatures ranging from -20°C (or lower) up to over 30°C.
MasterEmaco T 545 provides a repair material for concrete slabs which reaches an adequate strength for trafficking, or other use, at a very early age. It is also suitable for use as a repair medium at low ambient temperatures.
When MasterEmaco T 545 is added to the gauging water and mixed, an exothermic chemical reaction commences and a chemical setting process takes place within approximately 15 minutes (at 20°C). The material hardens to give sufficiently high early strength to receive heavy traffic within a period of less than one hour at 15 - 20°C.
20mm to 75mm unfilled
>75mm to 150mm filled with 10mm aggregate.
What is MasterEmaco T 545 used for?
For use in concrete repair situation where the minimum delay and work disruption is of the utmost importance.
- Cold store floor areas
- Concrete roads and nosings
- Bridge decks
- Quays/crane rails
- Industrial floor areas
- Loading bays and warehouses
- Around fixing bolts
- Raising and levelling manhole covers, gratings, hydrants etc.
What are the benefits of using MasterEmaco T 545?
- High strength at a very early age (45 minutes)
- Minimum delay to traffic and production. When used to repair concrete pavings, it permits early re-opening to traffic - within 45 minutes at 20°C.
- Ready for use. Only requires the addition of water (see Mixing)
- Excellent bond to concrete and steel reinforcement. No secondary bonding agents required
Highly durable. Excellent resistance to de-icing salts
- High freeze/thaw resistance
- No curing required
- Can be placed in sub-zero temperatures
- Modulus and Thermal properties similar to concrete
- Lower permeability than cementitious mortars
- Chemically resistant to fuel, engine oils and urine
- Inhibits corrosion in steel even in the presence of chlorides