MasterFinish SLB 101
Water reducing admixture for the production of industrial floor slabs with power floated concrete finishes
How does MasterFinish SLB 101 work?
MasterFinish SLB 101 is the first product in the newly developed MasterFinish SLB range. It is an innovative mid-range water-reducing admixture, based on state of the art Polymer technology, MasterFinish SLB 101 is very effective in producing high quality concrete with neutral impact on the setting characteristics of the concrete. Its unique formulation has been optimised for the specific requirements of the heavy duty industrial flooring industry. It is particularly suitable for use when the concrete is to be power floated, either with, or without the addition of dry shake surface finishes. Its composition has been carefully developed to ensure that the air content of the concrete is minimised, and that any potential for subsequent air content spiralling is significantly reduced.
Concrete containing MasterFinish SLB 101 has a minimal increase in the setting time characteristics of an equivalent concrete without an admixture incorporated.
What is MasterFinish SLB 101 used for?
MasterFinish SLB 101 has been developed for the following applications:
- To increase compressive strength.
- For use with concrete flooring requiring the application of a power float finish.
- For use with concretes requiring the subsequent application of dry shake toppings.
- To effect cement economies.
- Wide dosage range enabling water reductions to produce a dense concrete with reduced permeability and reduced water penetration.
What are the benefits of MasterFinish SLB 101?
MasterFinish SLB 101 offers the following benefits:
- Can be used in a wide variety of concrete mixtures as a multi-purpose admixture.
- Dosage flexibility - provides up to 20% water reduction.
- Minimal impact on setting time characteristics.
- Enhanced later-age strength.
- Excellent finishability.
- Improves the cohesive properties of the concrete helping to reduce segregation and bleed.