MasterGlenium SKY 920
High range water reducing/superplasticizing admixture for concrete with enhanced consistence retention
How does MasterGlenium SKY 920 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 is an innovative superplasticizer based on a unique blend of state of the art polymers. It is the next step of the Total Performance Control™ concept. MasterGlenium SKY 920 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and dis-perses them efficiently.
With MasterGlenium SKY 920 it is now possible to obtain a high quality concrete mix with extended workability without delayed setting characteristics and superior con-crete rheology. The unique polymer formulation enables true workability retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S3 to SF3). This is achieved without set retardation, or reduced 24 hour strength performance.
The Total Performance Control™ concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers get a concrete that is of the same high quality as originally specified; starting from production at the batching plant, to the delivery and application into place, and followed by its hardening process. Utilizing well established BASF advanced polymer technology, it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics and optimised cement hydration for early strength development and high-quality concrete.
What is MasterGlenium SKY 920 used for?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability, e.g. long distance deliveries, deliveries with extended discharge times or in congested urban environments. MasterGlenium SKY 920 is designed to exhibit workabil-ity retention for periods up to 2 hours. The formulation of MasterGlenium SKY 920 has been particularly optimised for the more challenging retention issues that can be posed by the use of cementitious combinations such as, but not limited to, CIIIB.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 920?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 offers the following benefits for:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability.
- Single product for many application needs.
- Enhanced retention performance with cements con-taining either GGBS or PFA.
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Long pumping distances both horizontally & vertically.
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification.
- Confidence in the concrete’s ability to be paced in areas of congested reinforcement.
- High quality concrete with better durability.