MasterGlenium ACE 474
High range water reducing admixture for concrete
How does MasterGlenium ACE 474 work?
MasterGlenium ACE 474 is optimised for use where the time between concrete mixing & placing is rapid, such as when using bullet skips or direct discharge from mixer to unit. In this instance, the workability life of the concrete is optimised to give a balance between the retention of the workability but still enabling the strength development process to start as soon as possible. If utilised in conjunction with our patented MasterX-Seed concept this enables rapid mould turn round and can reduce or even eliminate the need for enhanced temperature curing regimes. The particular molecular configuration of MasterGlenium ACE 474 accelerates the cement hydration by allowing an increased surface area of the cement particle to react with water. Robustness & controlled retention is a distinctive feature of the precast concrete produced with MasterGlenium ACE 474.
MasterGlenium ACE 474 is part of BASF’s Zero Energy System, which is based on a combination of the latest MasterGlenium ACE superplasticizers and advanced self-compacting concrete technology. The Zero Energy System has been developed to help the precast concrete producer rationalize his production process and save on energy costs, whilst combining this with improved quality of the product and overall site working conditions.
What is MasterGlenium ACE 474 used for?
MasterGlenium ACE 474 is suitable for making precast concrete elements with highly workable, non-segregating concrete utilising low water cement ratios and, consequently, high early and final strengths. This can be achieved without the aid of vibration, for economic, ecological and ergonomic precast production.
MasterGlenium ACE 474 has been developed to have a particular synergy for use with the MasterX-Seed Crystal Speed Hardening concept.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium ACE 474?
MasterGlenium ACE 474 offers the following benefits for the precast concrete industry:
- Production of highly flowable, robust self-compacting concrete having a low water cement ratio along with an optimal Rheology and optimised workability retention times.
- Enhanced robustness and consistency in concrete quality with low stickiness.
- Environmentally friendly, CO2 reduced mix-design optimization.
- Potential elimination or reduction of heat curing. Reduction in curing time or curing temperature. Increased productivity. particularly in combination with MasterX-Seed - Crystal Speed Hardening.
- Improved surface appearance.
- Durable precast concrete elements as per EN 206-1.
- Elimination of the energy required for placing, compaction and curing (ZERO ENERGY).
- Optimization of the curing cycles.
MasterGlenium ACE 474 Declaration of Performance T3
MasterGlenium ACE 474 Declaration of Performance T7
MasterGlenium ACE 474: Safety Data Sheet
MasterGlenium ACE 474: Technical Data Sheet