MasterGlenium ACE 488
High range water reducing admixture for concrete
How does MasterGlenium ACE 488 work?
MasterGlenium ACE 488 is optimised for use with high consistence precast concrete mixes up to and including Self Compacting Concrete (SCC). If utilised in conjunction with our patented MasterX-Seed concept this enables rapid mould turn round and can reduce or even eliminate the need for enhanced temperature curing regimes. The particular molecular configuration of MasterGlenium ACE 488 accelerates the cement hydration by allowing an increased surface area of the cement particle to react with water. The formulation of MasterGlenium ACE 488 has been developed to produce an enhanced quality of surface finish. This can be further enhanced by the use of high quality mould release agents from our Rheofinish range.
MasterGlenium ACE 488 is part of BASF’s Zero Energy System, which is based on a combination of the latest MasterGlenium ACE superplasticizers and advanced self-compacting concrete technology. The Zero Energy System has been developed to help the precast concrete producer rationalize his production process and save on energy costs, whilst combining this with improved quality of the product and overall site working conditions.
What is MasterGlenium ACE 488 used for?
MasterGlenium ACE 488 is suitable for making precast concrete elements with highly workable, non-segregating concrete utilising low water cement ratios and, consequently, high early and final strengths. MasterGlenium ACE 488 may also be used in combination with products from the MasterMatrix range for producing advanced self-compacting concrete like Smart Dynamic Concrete (SDC). This is achieved without the aid of vibration, for economic, ecological and ergonomic precast production.
MasterGlenium ACE 488 has been developed to have a particular synergy for use with the MasterX-Seed Crystal Speed Hardening concept.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium ACE 488?
MasterGlenium ACE 488 offers the following benefits for the precast concrete industry:
- Production of highly flowable, robust self-compacting concrete having a low water cement ratio along with an optimal Rheology and optimised workability retention times.
- Enhanced robustness and consistency in concrete quality with low stickiness.
- Environmentally friendly, CO2 reduced mix-design optimization.
- Potential elimination or reduction of heat curing. Reduction in curing time or curing temperature. Increased productivity, particularly in combination with MasterX-Seed - Crystal Speed Hardening.
- Improved surface finish with reduced defects.
- Durable precast concrete elements as per EN 206-1.
- Elimination of the energy required for placing, compaction and curing (Zero Energy).