MasterGlenium ACE 499
High range water reducing admixture for concrete
How does MasterGlenium ACE 499 work?
MasterGlenium ACE 499 is based on newly developed polycarboxylate ether polymers. The particular molecular configuration of MasterGlenium ACE 499 accelerates the cement hydration by allowing an increased surface area of the cement particle to react with water. As a result, it is possible to obtain earlier development of the heat of hydration, rapid development of the hydration products and, as a consequence, higher strengths at a very early age. The polymer structure of MasterGlenium ACE 499 is specially designed to improve the rheology of precast concrete, making it very flowable and with low viscosity, even at very low water/cement ratios. Robustness is a distinctive feature of the precast concrete produced with MasterGlenium ACE 499.
MasterGlenium ACE 499 is part of BASF’s Zero Energy System, which is based on a combination of the latest MasterGlenium ACE superplasticizers and advanced self-compacting concrete technology. The Zero Energy System has been developed to help the precast concrete producer rationalize his production process and save on energy costs, whilst combining this with improved quality of the product and overall site working conditions.
What is MasterGlenium ACE 499 used for?
MasterGlenium ACE 499 is suitable for making precast concrete elements with highly workable, non-segregating concrete utilising low water cement ratios and, consequently, high early and final strengths. MasterGlenium ACE 499 may also be used in combination with products from the MasterMatrix range for producing advanced self-compacting concrete like Smart Dynamic Concrete (SDC). This is achieved without the aid of vibration, for economic, ecological and ergonomic precast production.
MasterGlenium ACE 499 has been developed to have a particular synergy for use with the MasterX-Seed Crystal Speed Hardening concept.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium ACE 499?
MasterGlenium ACE 499 offers the following benefits for the precast concrete industry:
- Production of highly flowable, robust self-compacting concrete having a low water cement ratio along with an optimal rheology.
- Enhanced robustness and consistency in concrete quality with low stickiness.
- Environmentally friendly, CO2 reduced mix-design optimization.
- Potential elimination or reduction of heat curing.
- Improved surface appearance.
- Durable precast concrete elements as per EN 206-1.
- Elimination of the energy required for placing, compaction and curing (ZERO ENERGY).
- Optimization of the curing cycles by reducing curing time or curing temperature. Increased productivity. particularly in combination with MasterX-Seed Crystal Speed Hardening.