MasterGlenium SKY 1966
A high range water reducing admixture for concrete
How does MasterGlenium SKY 1966 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 1966 is a high-performance superplasticizer based on a unique blend of state of the art polymers, & is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently.
With MasterGlenium SKY 1966 it is now possible to obtain a high-quality concrete mix with extended workability without delayed setting characteristics, and superior concrete rheology. The unique polymer formulation enables true workability retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S4 to SF3). This is achieved without set retardation, or reduced 24-hour strength performance. Under normal conditions MasterGlenium SKY 1966 will remain within the target consistence class for 90 to 120 minutes.
What is MasterGlenium SKY 1966 used for?
MasterGlenium SKY 1966 is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability, e.g. long-distance deliveries, deliveries with extended discharge times or in congested urban environments. MasterGlenium SKY 1966 is designed to exhibit workability retention for periods up to 2 hours. The formulation of MasterGlenium SKY 1966 has been particularly optimised for the more challenging retention issues that can be posed by the use of cementitious combinations such as, but not limited to, CIIIB.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 1966?
MasterGlenium SKY 1966 offers the following benefits for:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability.
- Single product for many application needs.
- Enhanced retention performance with cements containing either GGBS or PFA
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Long pumping distances both horizontally & vertically
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification
- Confidence in the concrete’s ability to be paced in areas of congested reinforcement.
- High quality concrete with better durability.