MasterSet R 100
Set retarding admixture for concrete
How does MasterSet R 100 work?
MasterSet R 100 is a ready-to-use, liquid admixture for producing more uniform and predictable quality concrete. Placing and finishing requirements are facilitated because this admixture retards setting time.
MasterSet R 100 increases compressive and flexural strength; durability to damage from freezing and thawing; reduced water content required for given workability and retarded setting characteristics.
What is MasterSet R 100 used for?
MasterSet R 100 admixture is recommended for use in all types of concrete where moderate to extended retardation of set and improved performance are desired. MasterSet R 100 improves pumped concrete, shotcrete (wet mix), and conventionally placed concrete. It improves plain, reinforced, precast, prestressed, lightweight or normal weight concrete.
MasterSet R 100 admixture can also be used with air-entraining cements and with air-entraining admixtures approved under AASHTO, ASTM and CRD; EN934 part 2 specifications - including those manufactured by BASF Construction Chemicals when air-entrained concrete is desired. On its own, MasterSet R 100 admixture does not entrain air.
What are the benefits of MasterSet R 100?
The set retarding characteristics of MasterSet R 100 admixture aid in the production of concrete with the following special qualities:
- Improved workability.
- Reduced segregation.
- Superior finishing characteristics for flatwork and cast surfaces.
- Controlled retardation - depending on the addition rate.
- Provides flexibility in scheduling of placing and finishing operations.
- Offsets the effects of too early hardening during extended delays between mixing and placing.
- Helps eliminate cold joints.
- Allows for dead-load deflection to take place (before concrete sets) in extended pours for bridge decks, cantilevers, non-shored structural elements, etc.
- Lowers peak temperature and/or rate of temperature rise in mass concrete - reduces thermal cracking.
- Effective as a single admixture or as a component in a MasterPozzolith admixture system.