MasterSet R 510
A set retarding admixture for mortar and concrete
How does MasterSet R 510 work?
MasterSet R 510 is a ready-to-use, liquid set retarding admixture for producing more uniform and predictable quality mortar and concrete. Placing and finishing requirements are facilitated because this admixture retards setting time.
What is MasterSet R 510 used for?
MasterSet R 510 admixture is recommended for use in all types of mortar and concrete where moderate to extended retardation of set and improved performance are desired. For mortar this can be up to periods of 72 hours.
MasterSet R 510 admixture is designed to have a specific synergy with air-entraining admixtures from the MasterAir range complying with BS EN934-2 and BS EN 934-3. When used in conjunction with another admixture, each admixture must be dispensed separately into the mix. On its own, MasterSet R 510 admixture does not entrain air.
MasterSet R 510 admixture can be used in pigmented mortars and concretes.
What are the benefits of MasterSet R 510?
The set retarding characteristics of MasterSet R 510 admixture aid in the production of mortar and concrete with the following special qualities:
- Improved retention of air content and placeability over extended periods.
- Superior handling and trowelling properties.
- Controlled retardation - depending on the addition rate.
- Provides flexibility in scheduling of placing and finishing operations.
- Offsets the effects of too early hardening during extended delays between mixing and placing.
- Helps eliminate cold joints.
- Lowers peak temperature and/or rate of temperature rise in mass concrete - reduces thermal cracking.