A consistence retaining admixture for concrete
How does MasterSure 1902 work?
MasterSure 1902 is an innovative admixture based on a unique consistence retention polymer. It provides the ultimate level in the Master Builders Solutions Total Performance Control™ concept. MasterSure 1902 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. It has been developed to work in conjunction with the high-performance superplasticiser, MasterGlenium SKY 1901, as part of a two-component system giving high performance concrete with controllable, & selectable consistence retention periods.
When using MasterSure 1902 in combination with MasterGlenium SKY 1901, it is now possible to obtain a high-quality concrete mix with extended consistence retention of up to 8 hours, without sacrificing early strength development. In special circumstances the period of retention can be increased to 12 hours. The unique polymer formulation enables true consistence retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (F4 to SF3). This is achieved without significant set retardation, or significantly reduced 24-hour strength performance (for up to 8-hour consistence retention). Under normal circumstances, the unique formulation of MasterSure 1902 enables such extreme consistence retention performance with minimal tendency for consistence refluidifcation during the often-critical time window of 5 to 30 minutes after batching of the concrete.
What is MasterSure 1902 used for?
MasterSure 1902, in combination with MasterGlenium SKY 1901, is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability, e.g. long distance deliveries, deliveries with extended discharge times, extended placing scenarios such as deep piling operations where the reinforcing cage is introduced at the end of concreting operations, or in congested Urban environments.
The formulation of MasterSure 1902 has been particularly optimised for the more challenging retention issues that can be posed by the use of modern high replacement levels of supplementary cementitious materials such as PFA and GGBS in CIIIA, CIIIB and CIIB-V cements.
What are the benefits of MasterSure 1902?
When used in conjunction with MasterGlenium SKY 1901, MasterSure 1902 offers the following benefits:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability over extended periods of up to 8 hours (12 in special circumstances).
- Single product for many application needs.
- Extended retention performance with cements containing either GGBS or PFA
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Long pumping distances both horizontally and vertically
- Opportunity for placement of reinforcement cages in large deep piles after prolonged placement periods.
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification
- Confidence in the concrete’s ability to be paced in areas of congested reinforcement.
- High quality concrete with better durability.