A high range water reducing/superplasticizing admixture for concrete with extended consistence retention
How does MasterSure 958 work?
MasterSure 958 is an innovative superplasticizer based on a unique blend of state of the art polymers. It is the ultimate level in the Master Builders Solutions Total Performance Control™ concept. MasterSure 958 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently.
With MasterSure 958 it is now possible to obtain a high quality concrete mix with extended consistence retention of up to 8 hours, without sacrificing early strength development. The unique polymer formulation enables true consistence retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S4 to SF3). This is achieved without significant set retardation, or significantly reduced 24 hour strength performance. Under normal circumstances, the unique formulation of MasterSure 958 enables such extreme consistence retention performance with minimal tendency for consistence fluidifcation during the often critical time window of 5 to 30 minutes after batching of the concrete.
The Total Performance Control™ concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers get a concrete that is of the same high quality as originally specified; starting from production at the batching plant, to the delivery and application into place, and followed by its hardening process. Utilizing well established BASF advanced polymer technology, it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics and optimised cement hydration for early strength development and high-quality concrete.
What is MasterSure 958 used for?
MasterSure 958 is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability, e.g. long distance deliveries, deliveries with extended discharge times, extended placing scenarios such as deep piling operations where the reinforcing cage is introduced at the end of concreting operations, or in congested Urban environments.
MasterSure 958 is designed to exhibit workability retention for periods up to 8 hours. The formulation of MasterSure 958 has been particularly optimised for the more challenging retention issues that can be posed by the use of modern high replacement levels of supplementary cementitious materials such as PFA and GGBS in CIIIA, CIIIB and CIIB-V cements.
What are the benefits of MasterSure 958?
MasterSure 958 offers the following benefits for:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability over extended periods of up to 8 hours.
- Single product for many application needs.
- Extended retention performance with cements containing either GGBS or PFA.
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Long pumping distances both horizontally and vertically.
- Opportunity for placement of reinforcement cages in large deep piles after prolonged placement periods.
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification.
- Confidence in the concrete’s ability to be paced in areas of congested reinforcement.
- High quality concrete with better durability.